Stories in Stone Tour
On this fascinating walking tour, we’ll explore some of the interesting examples of both Victorian and contemporary symbolism on monuments and markers found throughout Crown Hill. If you’ve ever wondered about unique tree trunk monuments and common symbols such as flowers, ferns, weeping willows, stars, anchors, chains, draped flags, lambs, sun disks, serpents, angels, crosses, open books, and wreaths, then this tour is for you! We’ll also contrast these with more contemporary monuments and markers which often feature engravings of literal representations or quotes that reveal the life of the deceased. It will conclude with the view around sunset of the downtown skyline from James Whitcomb Riley’s tomb high atop beautiful Crown Hill!
- $10 per person (ages 5 and up)
- Tickets are not required for children under age 5
- Must be purchased in advance online
- NO tickets will be sold at the gate
- Ticket sales limited to 30 people
Important Covid-19 Guidelines
We follow CDC and Marion County Covid-19 guidelines
- Fully Vaccinated: you are not required to wear a face mask
- Not Fully Vaccinated: adults and children over the age of two are required to properly wear a face mask throughout the tour and maintain a social distance of six feet
Walking tour! This is a walking tour that will cover about a mile at a comfortable pace for most. Participants will be at the top of the Crown around sunset, the highest hill in Marion County with a 360-degree view of the entire city skyline!
Where to meet: Inside 34th St. Gate in front of the Waiting Station at 3400 Boulevard Place. Arrive 10-15 min. early.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (Student and child groups must arrange for a Private Group Tour.)Tickets
- $10 per person, ages 5 and up. (Tickets not required for children under age 5.) Advance online sales only; NO gate sales.
- 6:30 - 8:30 pm