Skeletons in the Closet, Part I Tours
On this interesting and very popular sunset walking tour, we’ll learn about some skeletons in the closet! Was it one of his three wives, or another long-time lover, that Skiles Test kept in a glass coffin in his “House of Blue Lights” along Fall Creek? Why does one headstone say simply, “Mother of Rosalind” and not her full name, which would have been “Helen Orr Hufnall Phaff English Wegmann English English Prince Prince”? He followed in the footsteps of both his father and grandfather to become bank president, building himself a 40,000 square foot mansion on the east side of town, but by the time Stoughton Fletcher died, he’d lost the house, survived his wife’s suicide, a runaway daughter’s mysterious death, and was working as a hotel elevator operator in Los Angeles when his son committed suicide as well. On this tour, we’ll discuss these lives and the lives of others who show us that money does not necessarily bring happiness. (Spoiler alert!)
Note: this is not a creepy tour about ghosts, but a historical tour about some of the people buried at Crown Hill.
This tour will be offered twice in 2022:
June 18, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
October 1, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- $10 per person (ages 5 and up)
- Tickets are not required for children under age 5
- Must be purchased in advance online
- NO tickets will be sold at the gate
- Ticket sales limited to 30 people
Important Covid-19 Guidelines
We follow CDC and Marion County Covid-19 guidelines
- Fully Vaccinated: you are not required to wear a face mask
- Not Fully Vaccinated: adults and children over the age of two are required to properly wear a face mask throughout the tour and maintain a social distance of six feet
Sunset walking tour! This is a walking tour that will cover about a mile at a comfortable pace for most. It will end around sunset at the top of Crown Hill, the highest hill in the county. This amazing vantage point provides a 360-degree panoramic view of the entire city skyline.
Where to meet: Inside 34th St. Gate in front of the Waiting Station at 3400 Boulevard Place. Arrive 10-15 min. early.Tickets
- $10 per person, ages 5 and up. (Tickets not required for children under age 5.) Advance online sales only; NO gate sales.