On the HEROES TOUR, attendees will learn stories of courage and sacrifice of some of our Public Safety heroes buried in the Heroes of Public Safety Section. The group will proceed towards the Crown, stopping to visit the graves of nine firemen who all died in the Bowen-Merrill fire of 1890, and others. It will conclude with the view at sunset of the downtown skyline from James Whitcomb Riley’s tomb high atop beautiful Crown Hill.
- $10 per person (ages 5 and up)
- Tickets are not required for children under age 5
- Must be purchased in advance online
- NO tickets will be sold at the gate
- Ticket sales limited to 30 people
Important Covid-19 Guidelines
We follow CDC and Marion County Covid-19 guidelines
- Fully Vaccinated: you are not required to wear a face mask
- Not Fully Vaccinated: adults and children over the age of two are required to properly wear a face mask throughout the tour and maintain a social distance of six feet
Sunset walking tour! This is a walking tour that will cover about a mile at a comfortable pace for most. It will end around sunset at the top of Crown Hill, the highest hill in the county. This amazing vantage point provides a 360-degree panoramic view of the entire city skyline.
Where to meet: Inside 34th St. Gate in front of the Waiting Station at 3400 Boulevard Place. Arrive 10-15 min. early.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (Student and child groups must arrange for a Private Group Tour.)Tickets
- $10 per person, ages 5 and up. (Tickets not required for children under age 5.) Advance online sales only; NO gate sales.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.