Angels of Crown Hill
Angel Visitations … Crown Hill is home to many angel statue monuments, from delicate marble angels of the Victorian era to very recent angels of granite and bronze. Most are very large with crosses, but one, in particular, is a very small marble angel featuring the words to “Silent Night” carved on its base in German. Angels are such a popular and important spiritual symbol in cemeteries, churches, and in the lives of millions of people, so it’s nice to pay special attention to them on a guided tour. Please join us as we stroll through a part of the cemetery to see some of Crown Hill’s angel statues during the beautiful “golden hour” of light leading up to sunset. Tour participants are encouraged to bring their cameras and capture images of these sacred statues in the special light. On this tour, we’ll also learn about the families who erected these beautiful statues and enjoy the stunning 360-degree panoramic view of the downtown Indianapolis skyline at sunset from the tomb of the famous Hoosier Poet, James Whitcomb Riley, high atop beautiful Crown Hill.
- In 2021, Public Tours will be limited to 25 people
- Every person attending, adults and children, must have a ticket, purchased in advance on Eventbrite
- ADULTS (ages 18+): $7.00
- CHILDREN (ages 17 & under): FREE (A ticket is required for each child, regardless of age)
- NO tickets will be sold at the gate
Important Covid-19 Guidelines
We follow CDC and Marion County Covid-19 guidelines
- Fully Vaccinated: you are not required to wear a face mask
- Not Fully Vaccinated: adults and children over the age of two are required to properly wear a face mask throughout the tour and maintain a social distance of six feet
Sunset walking tour! This is a sunset walking tour that will cover about a mile at a comfortable pace for most.
Where to meet: Inside 34th St. Gate in front of the Waiting Station at 3400 Boulevard Place. Arrive 10-15 min. early.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (Student and child groups must arrange for a Private Group Tour.)Register
- $7 for Adults; Free for Children. Advance online sales only; NO gate sales.
- 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.