Skeletons in the Closet, Part II
More skeletons! On this driving tour, we’ll learn about the more sensational stories in the Indianapolis news from the 1860s to the 1970s. A few stops will make will be to learn about the infamous Nancy Clem and the Cold Spring Murders; bank robber John Dillinger; the rising executive slain by his mistress in the 1950s; grave robber Hampton West; the 1977 exploits of kidnapper Tony Kiritsis; Dr. Helene Knabe’s brutal unsolved murder in 1911; and the Marjorie Jackson case of 1977. Of course, there are many others!
Note: this is not a creepy tour about ghosts, but a historical tour about some of the people buried at Crown Hill.
- In 2021, Public Tours will be limited to 25 people
- Every person attending, adults and children, must have a ticket, purchased in advance on Eventbrite
- ADULTS (ages 18+): $7.00
- CHILDREN (ages 17 & under): FREE (A ticket is required for each child, regardless of age)
- NO tickets will be sold at the gate
Important Covid-19 Guidelines
We follow CDC and Marion County Covid-19 guidelines
- Fully Vaccinated: you are not required to wear a face mask
- Not Fully Vaccinated: adults and children over the age of two are required to properly wear a face mask throughout the tour and maintain a social distance of six feet
Where to meet: Inside 34th St. Gate in front of the Waiting Station at 3400 Boulevard Place. Arrive 10-15 min. early.
Driving tour! Participants will drive their own vehicles to each stop then get out to see the markers and monuments. Some walking is involved.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (Student and child groups must arrange for a Private Group Tour.)Register
- $7 for Adults; Free for Children. Advance online sales only; NO gate sales.
- 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.