On the eve of the popular Beyond the Badge 5K Run/Walk, HEROES TOUR attendees will learn stories of courage and sacrifice of some of our Public Safety heroes buried in the Heroes of Public Safety Section and other parts of Crown Hill. Jerry Baker, father of Sheriff’s Deputy Jason M. Baker (who was killed in the line of duty in September 2001), will be on hand to share stories of Jason and of others buried in the special section. Afterward, the group will continue to Crown Hill, stopping to visit the graves of nine firemen who all died in the Bowen-Merrill fire of 1890, and others. It will conclude with the view at sunset of the downtown skyline from James Whitcomb Riley’s tomb high atop beautiful Crown Hill.
- In 2021, Public Tours will be limited to 25 people
- Every person attending, adults and children, must have a ticket, purchased in advance on Eventbrite
- ADULTS (ages 18+): $7.00
- CHILDREN (ages 17 & under): FREE (A ticket is required for each child, regardless of age)
- NO tickets will be sold at the gate
Important Covid-19 Guidelines
We follow CDC and Marion County Covid-19 guidelines
- Fully Vaccinated: you are not required to wear a face mask
- Not Fully Vaccinated: adults and children over the age of two are required to properly wear a face mask throughout the tour and maintain a social distance of six feet
Sunset walking tour! This is a walking tour that will cover about a mile at a comfortable pace for most. Participants will see the sunset from the top of the Crown, the highest hill in Marion County with a 360-degree view of the entire city skyline!
Where to meet: Inside 34th St. Gate in front of the Waiting Station at 3400 Boulevard Place. Arrive 10-15 min. early.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (Student and child groups must arrange for a Private Group Tour.)Register
- $7 for Adults; Free for Children. Advance online sales only; NO gate sales.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.