New! Indy Bicentennial WALKING Tours
Indianapolis is over 200 years old! Did you know that the history of Indianapolis can be traced back to the summer of 1820 when dozens of families built cabins along the riverbank in a settlement named Fall Creek?
Join us for our new Indy Bicentennial Walking Tours highlighting many of the city’s pioneers, movers & shakers, mayors, those whose names live on in our streets and neighborhoods, and cultural figures. Among the many stops on the tour are Alexander Ralston, the surveyor responsible for designing the “Mile Square” of downtown Indianapolis; the Fletcher family, successful in business and banking; Carl Fisher, a founder and the force behind the Indianapolis 500; and L.S. Ayres, founder of the regional department store chain.
- In 2021, Public Tours will be limited to 25 people
- Every person attending, adults and children, must have a ticket, purchased in advance
- ADULTS (ages 18+): $7.00
- CHILDREN (ages 17 & under): FREE (A ticket is required for each child, regardless of age)
- NO tickets will be sold at the gate
Important Covid-19 Guidelines
We follow CDC and Marion County Covid-19 guidelines
- Fully Vaccinated: you are not required to wear a face mask
- Not Fully Vaccinated: adults and children over the age of two are required to properly wear a face mask throughout the tour and maintain a social distance of six feet
Sunset walking tour! This is a walking tour that will cover about a mile at a comfortable pace for most. Participants will see the sunset from the top of the Crown, the highest hill in Marion County with a 360-degree view of the entire city skyline!
Where to meet: Inside 34th St. Gate in front of the Waiting Station at 3400 Boulevard Place. Arrive 10-15 min. early.
To enhance your Indy Bicentennial tour experience:
Tour Times – this tour is offered twice in 2021:
July 10 – 7:30-9:30 p.m. (See the sunset!)
Sept. 25 – 6:00-8:00 p.m. (See the sunset!)
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Student and child groups must arrange for a Private Group Tour.
- $7 for Adults; Free for Children. Advance online sales only; NO gate sales.