Interactive Google Map of Crown Hill
(Click & drag or use arrows to move map; use +/- to adjust size; click on markers for INFO & GPS coordinates.) Click here to view a larger map with historical information and to get directions (use satellite mode).
Download a small Crown Hill Map with all the Section numbers marked
Download a large, full color Visitor's Guide & Map (see below)
NEW VISITOR'S GUIDE & MAP!
Our new Visitor's Guide & Map is a wealth of information! It's a full-color 18" x 22" map with 25 small photos noting the locations of significant structures, important areas, statues, and monuments. When following the list of Notable Persons (bottom left corner) as a self-guided tour, you'll find that it forms a circle tour around the cemetery. The backside (not shown) includes historical information, Crown Hill "By the Numbers," Hours of Operation and Contact information, and the important Mission of the Crown Hill Heritage Foundation. Feel free to download it HERE; pick one up at the Funeral Home & Cemetery Office at our 38th St. entrance (700 W. 38th Street); or take one from the box on the wall next to the front door of the Waiting Station (3400 Boulevard Place), along with our Calendar of Tours & Events brochure, Tree Map, etc. The Waiting Station is the historical (1885) brick building located right inside the 34th Street gate, which was also built the same year.
Crown Hill Funeral Home, Cemetery, and Heritage Foundation are located on the northwest side of Indianapolis across the street from the Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) and just south of Butler University.
If traveling to Crown Hill from the locations below, the Funeral Home and Cemetery Office / 38th St. Gate (700 West 38th St.) or the 34th St. Gate / Waiting Station (3400 Boulevard Place) are approximately the following distances and times, depending upon traffic and route taken:
- Downtown from Monument Circle (Meridian & Market Streets) to the 38th St. Gate / Funeral Home & Cemetery Office (700 W. 38th St.): 4.7 miles (about 12 minutes)
- Downtown from Monument Circle (Meridian & Market Streets) to the 34th St. Gothic Gate / Waiting Station (3400 Boulevard Pl.): 3.7 miles (about 11 minutes)
- Wier Cook International Airport on the far west side: 19.9 miles (about 27 minutes) (It's recommended that you take the "I-465N to 38th St. east" option to avoid traffic downtown.)
- Speedway on the west side: 6.5 miles (about 15 minutes)
- Avon on the far west side: 16.1 miles (about 27 minutes)
- Zionsville on the far northwest side: 11.9 miles (about 28 minutes)
- Carmel on the far north side: 12.5 miles (about 26 minutes)
- Castleton on the northeast side: 9.8 miles (about 19 minutes)
- Fishers on the far northeast side: 14.1 miles (about 23 minutes)
- Lawrence on the far east side: 11.7 miles (about 25 minutes)
- Greenwood on the far south side: 20 miles (about 31 minutes)
For your convenience you can click onto our Interactive Google Map for directions, or to learn about some of the structures and features at Crown Hill. If you get lost, please call our Funeral Home and Cemetery Office at (317) 925-3800.
IMPORTANT: Please note that a few of the on-line map sites will take you to the corner of 38th St. and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Street / Michigan Road when you type in "700 West 38th St." into their program. This is not the entrance to Crown Hill, but rather just a street corner. The north entrance to Crown Hill Cemetery is further east, at the corner of 38th St. and Clarendon Road. This corner is the next stop light east of 38th St. and Dr. MLK Jr. St. Click the link for directions to the 34th Street and Boulevard Place stone gate entrance, or type in "3400 Boulevard Place."
- Public Tours: unless noted otherwise, all Public Tours will meet just inside the 34th St. Gate at 3400 Boulevard Place. However, during regular gate hours (8 pm during most of tour season), you can also enter Crown Hill though the 38th St. Gate at 700 West 38th St. and Clarendon Rd. and follow the yellow line painted on the road to the 34th St. Gate. After hours you must enter the 34th St. gate., which will be opened by the Tour Guide.
- Private Group Tours: regardless of the time of day, always enter the 34th St. and Boulevard Place gate entrance unless noted otherwise. After hours the tour guide will open the gate. Your guide will meet you right inside the gate.
Crown Hill Map [PDF]
Visitor's Guide & Map [PDF] (Full color, large)
Virtual Tour of the Gothic Chapel
Virtual Tour of the Crown Hill Funeral Home
Virtual Tour of the 34th St. Gothic entrance and into Crown Hill Cemetery